Thursday, May 28, 2015

Jumpin' for (Jumpsuit) Joy!!

I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE a jumpsuit!

Much like the beloved maxi-dress (or any dress for that matter) it is the only single item of clothing hanging in my closet that allows me to have an entire outfit put together (minus accessories) in one quick clothes hanger grab.

As if the speed factor is not enough to make you hear the choirs sing, a jumpsuit will also hide a multitude of figure flaws and cellulite sins - something us postpartum mamas can really appreciate!

As today was a hair wash and blow-dry day for me and the length of Emma's morning nap does not give any consideration whatsoever to how much time I need to get ready (can you imagine? I know!), I knew that I was going to have to shave off major time in the clothing-selection-and-try-on department if I was to also fit in a wash, blow-dry and flatiron in my 45 minute to an hour, baby-free window.

So for my lunch date today I decided to rip the price tag off of my yet unworn, sweatshirt material, Forever 21 all-in-one number:

Jumpsuit - Forever 21
Necklace - old
Sandals - Michael Kors
Bag - Michael Kors

I'm still trying to lose that dreaded, last 10-15 pounds of baby weight, but in this outfit, I feel comfortable and at the same time stylish and put together. To be quite honest, with my gargantuan breastfeeding boobs, and my thicker than normal waistline, a v-neckline would have been much more flattering. That said, I think the outfit still rocks :)


While I adore my Marc Jacobs "Pretty Eliza" diaper bag, I'm getting kinda bored of carrying the same thing every day. And truthfully, despite how cute it is, at the end of the day, it is still (let's face it) a diaper bag - I mean how chic can one really be??? I knew I was only going to be gone for a couple of hours, so I got the idea of carrying Emma's things in my Michael Kors Hamilton Tote. It's one of my favorite handbags, and I actually haven't used it in like a year. I got this one almost two years ago at the outlet in Las Vegas and I really  it:


I'm pretty sure they no longer make the nameplate version but you might be able to find it at an outlet in your area. I was pleasantly surprised with what a FANTASTIC alternative diaper bag this turned out to be!! Because it has that zippered divider section down the middle and really large inside pockets I was able to fit (and neatly organize) a couple of diapers, wipes, a bottle, some formula packets, a 500ml water bottle, 2 bibs, my wallet, keys, iphone and my Marc Jacobs change mat! AND there was room for a lot more! I definitely could have added at least one change of clothes and a couple of small toys. I feel another blog post coming on...but alas, I digress...back to jumpsuits.

There are a lot of great options at a wide range of price points and I've included some of my favorites below:

Clockwise from top left: Forever 21, Forever 21, Diane von Fursetenburg, Zara, H&M, Topshop


I absolutely LOVE all of these, but can we talk for a minute about the back on the Zara number...


I know right? I was like "say WHAT?!?" Gorg ♡ 

Gotta go - online shopping awaits!




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!!!