Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Casual Glam - Girls night Out!!

Hey Friends!

Hope everyone had a great long weekend :) It was Family Day on Monday here in Ontario - although, now that I'm on mat-leave, everyday is Family Day!! 

So last Friday, I went out to dinner with my sister and cousins SANS bebe!!! I was super excited as I pretty much am never anywhere without Emma (not including quick trips to Walmart/Shoppers Drugmart/Foodbasics - i.e. anyplace I can get to and from before the next feeding...). We went to Joey's at Yorkdale (one of my fav chain restaurants) and as it was Friday night, and I was without baby, it was all the excuse I needed to glam up my "mommystyle".

I decided to really play up my makeup and hair. On my face I did a bright red lip and a charcoal and navy smokey eye:


For my smokey eye look, I used "blackout" from the Urban Decay Naked2 palette all over my lid and then used "Sea" from the MAC Sea and Sky Mineralized Eyshadow Duo in the crease. I then used "suspect" from the Naked2 pallet to blend the colour from my crease up above my lid towards the bottom of my brow bone. I finished the shadow look by using "bootycall" from the Naked2 palette in the inner corners of my eyes.

Here is a shot of my lids:

I used my drugstore faithfuls, L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner in "Carbon Black" on my top lids (I think I probably could've gone a bit thicker) and smuged Rimmel London Soft Khol Kajal pencil eyeliner in "jet black" to my bottom lid. Finally, I finished the eye look with two coats of  Maybelline's Volume Express "The Falsies" mascara in "black drama"

On my cheeks I always use "gleeful" by MAC. It's a mineral blush that I think looks really soft and natural on my skintone:

I don't think that MAC makes this shade anymore but they have a similar product here.

When I want to really "glam" up my make-up look, I love to use E.L.F's High Definition loose powder in "sheer": 

It is ridiculously cheap at under $10 and I love, love, LOVE the overall finish and effect!! You need such a small amount that I am sure this container will last me a lifetime!

I used Revlon's Colorstay Lipcolor in Raspberry Mousse to create a bold red lip, and volia!
                                                    
                

I went for a comfy, "casual/cool" outfit choice:
I threw on a pair of sunnies and my Kensington Parka (it was -32 degrees on Friday!!!) and had a great girls night out!! 


I hope you had a great weekend - I'd love to see photos of how you do "casual glam"!!






No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!!!