Friday, February 6, 2015

Shoppin' for Baby!

Happy Friday Friends!!!

I was super excited when I checked my e-mail this morning and discovered that Old Navy was having a 50% off baby sale! It just so happens that while Emma's closet is indeed busting at the seams, for some reason, she is in need of pants. She's got tons of onesies and sleepers and sweaters and tops (still too cold for dresses up here...), but she has managed to outgrow virtually all of her pants or has not yet fit into the bigger sizes.

Now, this is my second time around the baby block and I know just how quickly they outgrow everything in this first year. As a result I am adamantly opposed to paying full price for baby clothing if it can be at all avoided.

I am also a mother who tends to be naturally drawn to colors, styles and fabrics for my daughter that I would also purchase for myself. I like crisp, clean denims and a base color palate of soft pink, white, navy and grey. Fortunately there are a lot of great options for kids and baby clothes that cater to momma's like me who preferred neutrals over brighter colours for baby. My favourite stores for baby shopping include Baby Gap, Zara (Baby), H&M, Joe Fresh and Old Navy. Price points at baby Gap can be a bit higher but fortunately sales are regular, and I can usually find whatever it is I need at reasonable (and even bargain basement) prices by shopping the sales (I have gotten every winter coat that Grace has ever owned - great quality, stylish, down-filled coats - at 50-70% off the regular Zara or Gap kids price by purchasing next winter's coat at the end season sale of the previous winter!)

Here's what I picked up at Old Navy for Emma today:





Everything was on sale for between 30 and 50% off, and the 5 pocket denim jeans and the stretch jeggings were both on red tag clearance for $4.99 (sweet!!!). The cotton pants are really soft and wash really well (I have them in grey and grey stripe for her as well).

Finally, I picked up a couple packages of socks for her as she's outgrown most of her 0-3mos ones:

                           

I think that Old Navy and Baby Gap make the best socks for baby. They are super thick, stretchy cotton that is so soft and comfy. I especially love the ones that are designed to look like little mary-jane shoes - too, too cute!

After un-bagging everything and removing the tags and packaging, I couldn't resist the urge to do a little "baby styling" and put together a couple of "outfits" for Em :)


Bunny Rabbit Puffer Vest - H&M
Pants - Old Navy (similar)
Moccasins - Baby Gap (old, similar)


Blouse - Baby Gap (old)
Jeans - Old Navy
Sandals - Baby Gap (old)

Any baby items tagged as "old" are actually hand-me-downs from Grace and so they are like years old! I will try to find similar items where possible and provide you with the links.

Have a great weekend!!!








No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!!!