Thursday, July 23, 2015

Denim Distressin'

I have been trying to find the perfect pair of distressed denim skinnies for the longest time! I was debating on whether to wait until I had lost these final post baby pounds, when I came across a great pair of stretchy, comfy, generously weighted jeans by H&M. For just $39.99, I was in the change room and at the checkout faster than she could say "cash or credit".


There are so many things I like about these jeans - I don't even know where to start! Firstly, the shade of blue is absolutely spot on what I wanted. Not too deep, and not so light that they are unflattering on my fuller post-pregnancy thighs - I find these the perfect shade of medium-blue denim. I also love that the distressing was done in such a way that there are no actual "holes" in the jeans, just a really great threading effect:


Next, I absolutely LOVE the length on these! They are sold as a cuffed jean, and so there is a very generous inseam that allows you to wears these with flats or with the highest of sky-high heels you dare. 

Finally they are made of that most elusive combination of thick, heavy-weight denim and generous stretch that makes them both comfortable AND flattering.


I paired my jeans with a pretty, blush blazer by Vero Moda, snakeskin heels from Nine West and a loose sleeveless blouse from Forever 21.






I had a tough time deciding between my cognac satchel from Danier or the gold Tory Burch clutch. As I was going to be on the road for a while, function ended up trumping form, and I went with the "fits-everything-i-need-and-more" satchel :)


Which handbag would you have chosen?




Linking up with these fabulous blogs!!


 Sincerely Jenna Marie - Thursday LinkupStyle Elixir




5 comments :

  1. Love the combo of blush and cognac, so I'd have picked that bag too! Fab outfit.

    Thanks for linking up!
    xoxo jenna @ sincerely jenna marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! It was a super fun look. Thanks for hosting ♡♡♡

      Delete
  2. Did you get these at eaton centre h&m? Couldn't find them :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got these at the Vaughan Mills location. A bit of a hike if you live in the city, but SO worth it :)

      Delete
  3. I totally agree! Thanks Payal :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!!!