Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Simple Gifting - Why I love Chapters-Indigo

I love buying gifts for girls - birthdays, Christmas, hostess gifts - I love the wrapping and the ribbon and the bows and the cards. Mostly I love watching a girlfriend/sister/cousin open up something simple yet special that they probably wouldn't have purchased for themselves.

About a year ago I discovered that Chapters-Indigo had expanded to include an amazing gift and accessories department with everything from luxurious feeling faux fur throws, to jewelry, handbags, decorative pillows and scarves. I have treated myself to more than just a few items, and this has become one of my favorite places to shop for gifts. 

A few days ago I found myself in need of a gift for a girlfriend's birthday and so I headed to out to Chapters-Indigo and I wasn't disappointed. Not only did I manage to get something for my friend, but with a huge sale on almost all of their gifts and accessories, I even got a few items for myself as well as a gift for another friend whose birthday is coming up in March!

Here's what I picked up for my friend Liz:



Liz has always been a "list maker" and "note taker" and so I was thrilled to find this beautiful gold leather bound notebook/journal - a throwback to the days before we recorded everything in our smartphones.

The leather is really soft and I just love the tassel closure. It's been even further reduced and you can purchase one - or a few for friends - online here. I think it would make a really nice bridesmaid gift or even a bridal shower gift for guests!

Papyrus makes some of the loveliest cards, and so I picked up this fun little birthday card as well:

I love how the little gift bags have real tissue paper sticking out of them!

For myself I picked up this faux fur neck-warmer that I think looks really great styled with this cream overcoat:

 You can find it for 65% off here.



I also found these really fun file folders that I will use for organizing my bills, receipts, things-to-do etc:



I envision one day having a super girly home-office space of my own complete with this filing cabinet from CB2,

 and lots of white furniture. I think the file folders will add the perfect touch!


Finally I picked up these china serving platters for myself and for another friend whose birthday is coming up in March. I love entertaining and I think these will be gorgeous for an upcoming afternoon tea I am planning: 



You can get your own at 67% off here.

I love unique ideas for gifts for girlfriends and I think it's wonderful that there are so many great options for affordable little luxuries at Chapters-Indigo. Fabulous!







No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!!!